Moradaland International Assembly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Yrsaland
Yrsaland

MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Empty MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:34 am
The envoys of the UWR, Cslymy and Yrsaland all fly to Yrsaland's largest airport, Hvarluvthavn in Hvarvikhavn. The route the envoys will take is shown on the map below, red being day 1, yellow day 2 and green day 3.MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Yrsala10
Cslymy

MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Empty Re: MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland

Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:17 am
Minister Geralph:

Thank you for inviting the delegation (composed of government officials and heads of major firms) to Yrsaland! Yrsaland holds many special economic opportunities for Cslymy, so we definitely would like to visit the prosperous industries of Yrsaland
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Empty Re: MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 am
Jean-Pierre Hollande[b]

"I concur. We would really love to cooperate economically to release the full potential of our nations economies. I would agree to a complete removal of tariffs for all trade between the members of the union."

[b]Tan Beng Kwa

"Furthermore, I would like to suggest a common patent system, such that new innovations can be spread across our nations with greater efficiency. Companies will now only need to apply for one patent and can safely sell their product or service in our nations."

Vladinen Zekhavyy

[i]"Indeed, However, we should take into account the transports of goods between us. Sea routes are available between CSLYMY and Yrsaland, between CSLYMY and UWR and a longer one between Yrsaland and UWR. There is a single path which will connect all three nations, from Sudhavn, through CentreTerre and ending at CSLYMY. I propose a united maritime force to patrol these waters. This route would also cross directly into UWR waters. However, we are willing to allow all registered ships of the Union to pass through our waters between the mainland and Kaichiga. "[i]
Cslymy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 am
Minister Geralph:
As mentioned earlier, I believe a partial removal of tariffs of targeted industries first would be a safer option to allow our nations to adjust. The proposed path to connect the three nations is also very long. Cslymy can act as a hub for trade between the UWR and Yrsaland, seeing how the path between UWR and Yrsaland is very long. Furthermore, there is a shorter route through the Cslymyian rivers and canals as shown in the map. Should this method be accepted, the tariffs for UWR and Yrsaland ships to use these pathways will be largely reduced or scrapped.
This path also greatly reduces the need for maritime patrol as most of the path is within Cslymy.

I second the common patent system.

Last edited by Cslymy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Cslymy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am
MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Img_2010
Cslymy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:43 am
The orange route is obviously much shorter, and is closer to the major cities of the various nations.
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:48 am
[b]Vladinen Zekhavyy[b]

"Are you going to build a canal through CSLYMY? or is there an existing river connection that already goes through that can support large amounts of cargo?
Cslymy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:49 am
Minister Geralph

Yes, there is already an existing waterway and canal. Please look through #003a
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am
CSLYMY wrote:Minister Geralph

Yes, there is already an existing waterway and canal. Please look through #003a

Vladinen Zekhavyy

Apologies, I was unclear. I meant an existing canal that can support large numbers of large container ships passing through on a daily basis?
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 am
MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Captur11
Jean-Pierre Hollande

"This is what we meant by our proposed route. Please refer to this instead. "
Cslymy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:13 pm
Minister Geralph:

They are able of supporting a large amount of ships, although some alteration works can be done to widen it even more.
The costs to do so can be largely borne by cslymy, although the UWR and Yrsaland may also chip in. This one-off cost is cheaper still than the security required otherwise.

As mentioned, the proposed route through Cslymy is better as the need for maritime security is reduced, and it is much closer to the major cities of Cslymy and Yrsaland. (Which are mainly in the north)
Yrsaland
Yrsaland

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:57 pm
Day One Tour:

The envoys have landed in the capital of Hvarvikhavn. Hvarvikhavn is home to 8 million people and contains Jarnhofstrand, the main business district of Yrsaland. The booming banking and insurance industries are based here, and many foreign and Yrsk people alike deposit billions of Gelds into Yrsaland's main bank, HOLO, on a daily basis. The envoys also got to see the iconic Hvarvikhavn skyline, with the 500m tall KlautNen representing the efficiency of Yrsaland - it was built in just 3 months back in 2013. The envoys got to meet Jorgen Skloven, the CTO of SKALAR Inc., a technology firm in close collaboration with the Yrsk government in development on advanced weapons systems, new travel infrastructure and domestic technologies which will assist the citizens of the three nations of the Union.

The envoys then travelled north over the river Hvare on the Galtskar maglev train to Yngriðe, a historic city of Yrsaland and now part of the larger Hvarvikhavn conurbation. The delegates visited Dunorsbjerg Palace, the ancestral home of the Yrsk crown, built almost 750 years ago by Koneg Erik VI's 43-greats-grandfather Koneg Kristoffer I. After this culture-filled visit, the envoys took a trip down to Yngriðe's booming technology district, often called Electriskveld (Electric Vale).

The envoys then travelled by Galtskar maglev train to the third largest city in Yrsaland, Immskalhavn, home to 5.6 million people. The envoys saw the memorial dedicated to the landing of the ancestors of the modern Yrsk race 1500 years ago as nomadic tribes from northern Norderon. After this, the envoys travelled to the industrial estates, where Yrsaland's second largest manufacturing district - Anajen - produces manufactured goods worth trillions every year. The envoys then travel to Dukkelstrad, where they will dine at de Ynringesplaz, a 5 star luxury hotel, and sleep overnight, ready to travel to Yrsaland's overseas provinces in the morning.
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:09 pm
Jean-Pierre Hollande

"I remain skeptical. Canals and waterways have a limited capacity. They can only be so deep, and increasing their depth is not only time and money consuming but also detrimental to the ecosystems of the river, especially during the deepening itself. The capacity of canals and waterways cannot possibly match that of open seas. Perhaps there are some stats on the dimensions of this canal system, so that we may better gauge the capacity of such a shipping lane. The depth of the canal is also important, as many large container ships require very deep waters to fit the massive air spaces that keeps them afloat. Using naturally large and open seas is in my opinion still the best option, as now the only limiting factor of trade is the capacity of our harbours, since oceans and seas are effectively infinitely wide and deep."

Prius Licerius Plater

"Of course, we will be willing to review the canals in CSLYMY as a possibility, but it is unlikely canals and waterways, especially man-made ones, can sustain such massive amount of trade, hundreds, thousands of container ships a day. The canal would need to be really, really, really wide. "

Sarakoi Niuta

"The shipping lanes will no doubt be important, but we must not let our harbours be a limiting factor here. While the CentreTerre harbours have been constructed with the latest innovations to provide maximum efficiency, I am unsure if the same applies to the other nations in the Union. The port of Roma Terrae is undergoing a makeover as we speak. Not to be offensive, but I think we should provide each other more information about our harbours and their capabilities. I have attached below a map of the major cities in UWR. Yellow lines are regional divisions, from left to right, Nova Romanus Imperium, UWR and the Skrattain Federation. Roma Terrae, CentreTerre and Koloiratai are port cities which highly advanced port infrastructure. Kaichiga could soon become a port as well after the completion of the conveyer belt project"

MIC RP #003b: State Visit to Yrsaland Uwr_1_10
Yrsaland
Yrsaland

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 am
Prinz Kristoffer Eriksson

Yrsaland will assist Cslymy in the construction of any necessary waterways. We believe that the longer trade route between the UWR and Yrsaland is less efficient, but still a viable potential alternative.

Chancellor Ingrid Hvarsmeden

"Another possible alternative would be the annexation of the lands between Yrsaland and Cslymy, into a client state or directly into our holdings, from which we can construct infrastructure such as roads which are more reliable and safer than sea trade over such a long distance. This will require a joint military effort, and the Yrsk military have already laid the foundations for supply lines in the area."
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:29 pm
Justin Halim

"I do agree with Mr Hollande, the capacity of canals seem limited. However, if a port was to be used at sudhavn, the length of both routes would be similar. Of course we understand that it is unfair if we forces Yrsaland to develop ports at sudhavn, but we remain greatly skeptical. The canal will have difficulty sustaining such high amount of trade especially in the long run, as trade between the Union increases further.
Cslymy

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:30 pm
Minister Geralph:

The Yrsk technological industry is definitely very strong, and would make a formidable competitor to Cslymyian technology, and vice versa. Hence, let us not be competitors, but team workers, with more joint collaboration research projects between SCALAR , other Yrsk firms and Cslymyian firms.

Regarding the canal, I am glad that our Yrsk counterparts agree with us on this matter and are willing to share the cost of the waterway improvements. Mr Hollande, the canal is wide enough, trust me.
Regarding the issue of harbours, I believe that our routes should be centred around them. After all, if the trade routes do not serve the major harbours and demand centres, increased transportation and inefficiency will be taken, very bad for our economies.

Regarding the issue of a client state, I fully agree that it is an excellent idea. What remains to be seen, is whether the supreme High Court and Parliament of the Union of Moradaland Nations, will allow and legalise this.

Last edited by Cslymy on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yrsaland
Yrsaland

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 pm
On the second day of the trip, the envoys toured Immskalhavn, meeting the average Yrsk population. Many Yrsk are in favour of an economic union with other advanced nations, albeit slightly reluctant to a tax hike in order to fund a canal in Cslymy, however the Yrsk government will fund some educational advertisments to explain how this will benefit them all.

Rejksversteman Jorgen Gunnarsson

"On behalf of the Yrsk parliament, I am here to weigh in on the shipping route issue. The Suðhavn-UWR and Hindervikhavn-Cslymy-UWR routes have equal merit for different reasons, however in the initial setup of our union, we will prioritise the Hindervikhavn-Cslymy-UWR route. This is due to better infrastructure in the northern parts of our country - we have special highways for cargo carrying trucks across den Neðerlander, as well as very good connections between de Yrskhemland and den Neðerlander. Our southward-facing infrastructure - namely the port of Suðhavn - is currently in development to support such large quantities of trade."

In the afternoon the envoys made their way by air to Hindervikhavn, a city with a population of 4 million and the regional capital of den Neðerlander. This city will be the hub for the Yrsk third of the trade routes given it's eastern location and easy access to the sea.
Cslymy

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm
Minister Geralph:

Well then. If we can agree on the canal issue by the end of the UWR state visit, then we will begin work and progress on the canal immediately.
Yrsaland
Yrsaland

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:17 pm
Cslymy wrote:Minister Geralph:

Well then. If we can agree on the canal issue by the end of the UWR state visit, then we will begin work and progress on the canal immediately.

Treasurer Anna Asbjornsskan

"Indeed. A canal of width 250m with length of 150km will easily suffice to connect the seas of Teleros and Torderos. Yrsaland will supply 40% of the total construction equipment and 35% of the money required. This project will take an estimated 30 months to complete, but SKALAR has promised to supply 25 heavy-duty diamond boring devices which will reduce this time to 20 months."
Cslymy

Wed May 01, 2019 1:58 am
Minister Geralph

Thank you for your contributions. How much would the UWR like to contribute?
Ziweyy
Ziweyy

Wed May 01, 2019 2:25 am
Tan Beng Kwa

"We remain skeptical, but nonetheless we will help. We will be sponsoring 40% of the cost. Any other technology needed, we will be happy to provide. We will also be choosing a committee of engineers to collaborate with engineers from Yrsaland and CSLYMY, to discuss the exact layout."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum